Thursday, July 19, 2007

AAAHHHHH!!!

Today I am not going to bash a person, I am going after software designers and Corperate America.

What the hell are they thinking when they design a program that is supposed to recognize different formats, bring them together and produce an end product,that actually works, but doesn't recognize certain formats. (Like the one used for my Project2.)

I am also pissed that some of the technology out there is so protected that it can't be used by any other software. WHY? Why would you do that to people?

"Buy our product but don't use it in any meaningful way. Because our products are specially designed to piss you off at ever turn of every project you will ever try to complete." Signed Big Business.

Seriously, it is ok if people use your products for more than just one task.

The medical world says stress related illness are on the rise....I WONDER WHY!

Thanks Corperate America. Your killing me!

4 comments:

Margaret Q said...

I wanted to scream/cry/smash/kick things for you yesterday after the "freeware" corrupted your files.

Did I mention I have no video for my portfolio after 3 years at Washburn (2 on news show watching others lose hours of work)? Why - because CD's get corrupted. Things don't transfer well between computers. A flash drive was stolen. Video doesn't download (or download with audio) or has been cirrupted. ... and once you finally have something - we change systems... And... all I'm saying is I was feeling your pain yesterday.

I have a friend who just finished her MLS in digital archival sciences. Apparently you need a masters degree (or few) to try to figure out how to digitally preserve a document today that you will be able to open(just view) in a decade (10 years is all we hope for). That's all her degree is in!

Why can't we agree to SOME standards?!

tara.schroeder said...

I think technology is the one thing that scares me most about this major. I feel like I can't keep up sometimes. There is nothing worse than technology failure. Although, some of the greatest moments I've had while in the mass media department are the feelings of accomplishment when things actually work!

Maria_Stover said...

Having used digital technology (and the Web) since 1993, I have to admit that it could be intimidating and frustrating sometimes. Yet remember that these experiences develop flexibility, patience and ingenuity that will last you a life time. Remember also that the digital age is really in its infancy.

Shalyn said...

Man, technology is frustrating. Right now my roommate and I frequently trade laptops, (hers won't always burn CD's or stay connected to our wireless, mine runs so hot that I can use it as an electric blanket in the winter) and cars.

I hope you and Sarah got those audio probelms worked out!